
At least 19 people, including nine children, have been killed in a Russian attack on Volodymyr Zelenskyy's home city, according to Ukrainian officials.
Around 50 people were also wounded in the attack, according to emergency services, and regional governor Serhiy Lysak said more than 30, including a three-month-old baby, were in hospital.
Ukraine's president said Friday's attack on Kryvyi Rih showed Russia "does not want a ceasefire".
"The whole world sees it," said Mr Zelenskyy.
"Every missile, every strike drone proves that Russia only wants war.
"And only on the pressure of the world on Russia, on all efforts to strengthen Ukraine, our air defence, our forces - only on this does it depend when the war will end."
Russia's defence ministry claimed it had struck a military gathering - a statement denounced by the Ukrainian military as misinformation.
Mr Lysak wrote on the Telegram messaging app that 18 people were killed when a missile hit residential areas and sparked fires.
Later on Friday, Russian drones attacked homes and killed one person, Oleksandr Vilkul, the city's military administrator, said.
Latest updates: President's home city hit by missile attack
Local authorities said the missile strike damaged about 20 apartment buildings, more than 30 vehicles, an educational building and a restaurant.
They said emergency responders were at the scene and psychologists were helping survivors.
Confirming the "high-precision strike", the Russian defence ministry said on Telegram it targeted "a meeting of unit commanders and Western instructors" in a city restaurant.
"As a result of the strike, enemy losses total up to 85 servicemen and officers of foreign countries, as well as up to 20 vehicles," the ministry added.
US 'not interested in negotiations about negotiations'
It comes after the US secretary of state issued a veiled threat to Russia as talks about a ceasefire with Ukraine continue.
Speaking in Brussels during a NATO meeting, Marco Rubio said the US was "not interested in... negotiations about negotiations".
"We're testing to see if the Russians are interested in peace. Their actions - not their words, their actions - will determine whether they're serious or not, and we intend to find that out sooner rather than later," he said.
Read more:
Israeli troops expand 'security zone' in northern Gaza
UK in talks with Brazil over 'potential sale' of warships
In March, the US agreed a proposed 30-day ceasefire with Ukraine after talks in Saudi Arabia. Later, Washington negotiated a limited ceasefire about energy infrastructure with Russia.
Since then, the warring countries have accused each other of violating the energy ceasefire.
UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy, who was also in Brussels on Fridaym said Vladimir Putin "continues to obfuscate, continues to drag his feet" on ceasefire talks.
He added that while the Russian president should be accepting a ceasefire, "he continues to bombard Ukraine, its civilian population, its energy supplies".
"We see you, Vladimir Putin. We know what you are doing," he said.
(c) Sky News 2025: Children among 19 killed in Russian attack on Zelenskyy's home city